Photo owner Plastic_pony – Link
Telašćica Nature Park is a protected area located on the eastern coast of the island of Dugi Otok in Croatia. It covers an area of 70.5 square kilometers and was established in 1988 to protect the unique landscape, flora, and fauna of the area.
The park is characterized by its stunning natural beauty, with towering cliffs, crystal-clear waters, and a diverse range of plant and animal life. It is also home to a number of important cultural and historical sites, including the ruins of a Roman settlement and a 15th-century monastery.
One of the park’s most notable features is its saltwater lake, Mir, which is located in the interior of the park and is connected to the sea by a narrow channel. The lake is home to a variety of marine life, including several species of fish and sea turtles, and is surrounded by lush vegetation and rocky cliffs.
Visitors to Telašćica Nature Park can enjoy a range of activities, including hiking, swimming, and boating. There are also several scenic viewpoints throughout the park, offering panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
Photo owner Ivo Finka – Link
In addition to the saltwater lake and scenic viewpoints, Telašćica Nature Park also boasts a number of other attractions that make it a popular destination for tourists. The park is home to several stunning beaches, including the sandy Sakarun Beach and the secluded Veli Rat Beach, which is surrounded by pine forests.
There are also several hiking trails throughout the park, ranging from easy strolls to more challenging treks. The most popular hike is the trail that leads to the top of the cliffs overlooking the park’s entrance, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding islands and coastline.
For those who want to explore the park by water, there are several boat tours available that take visitors to some of the park’s most scenic locations, including the cliffs and sea caves. Visitors can also rent boats and kayaks to explore the park’s coastline on their own.
Photo owner Andres rus – Link
The park is also home to a diverse range of wildlife, including several species of birds, reptiles, and mammals such as deer, wild boar, and foxes. The park’s underwater world is equally fascinating, with a variety of marine life including octopuses, sea urchins, and colorful fish.
Overall, Telašćica Nature Park offers a unique and unforgettable experience for visitors looking to immerse themselves in the natural beauty of Croatia’s coastline. Its combination of stunning scenery, diverse wildlife, and cultural attractions make it a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to the region.
Telašćica Nature Park is a relatively remote area, and there are only a few hotels and restaurants located within the park itself. However, there are plenty of options for accommodation and dining in the nearby towns of Sali and Zaglav, both of which are located within a short drive of the park.
Photo owner PP Telašćica – Link
Hotels: Click HERE!
- Hotel Sali: This modern, three-star hotel is located in the heart of Sali, just a short walk from the town’s shops and restaurants. The hotel offers comfortable, air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi, as well as a restaurant and bar.
- Hotel Lavanda: Located in the nearby town of Zaglav, this hotel is just a short drive from Telašćica Nature Park. The hotel offers comfortable, air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi, as well as a restaurant and bar.
Guesthouses: Click HERE!
- Guesthouse Kandelora: This charming guesthouse is located in the heart of Sali, just a short walk from the town’s shops and restaurants. The guesthouse offers comfortable, air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi, as well as a shared kitchen and dining area.
- Guesthouse Marina: Located in the nearby town of Zaglav, this guesthouse is just a short drive from Telašćica Nature Park. The guesthouse offers comfortable, air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi, as well as a shared kitchen and dining area.
Restaurants: Click HERE!
- Konoba Regula: Located in Sali, this cozy restaurant serves traditional Croatian dishes made with fresh, locally sourced ingredients. The menu includes a range of seafood dishes, as well as meat and vegetarian options.
- Konoba Šimun: Located in Zaglav, this family-run restaurant serves a range of traditional Croatian dishes, including grilled meats, seafood, and homemade pasta dishes. The restaurant also has a small outdoor seating area with views of the surrounding countryside.
Overall, while there are limited options for accommodation and dining within Telašćica Nature Park itself, visitors to the area have plenty of options in nearby towns.